ASHEVILLE, NC – The Fly Fishing Film Tour, a traveling collection of fly fishing movies that aim to inspire anglers with quality films in a theater environment, comes to Asheville on Friday. The tour focuses on both freshwater and saltwater film shorts, with much of the proceeds going to local and national conservation groups. This film consists of seven segments showcasing fly fishing around the world.
Doors open at 6 p.m. Friday at the Asheville Community Theater. Show time is 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $15 each with proceeds benefitting Trout Unlimited’s local Rivercourse program, which teaches young people to fly fish. Tickets are available at these area fly shops:
• Appalachian Angler in Boone, 963-8383.
• Curtis Wright Outfitters in Weaverville, Saluda and Biltmore Village, 645-8700.
• Headwaters Outfitters in Rosman, 877-3106.
• Hunter Banks Co., Asheville, 252-3005 or 800-227-6732.
• One Fly Outfitters, Black Mountain, 669-6939.
• Rivers Edge outfitters, Spruce Pine, 765-3474.
• Waynesville Fly Shop, 246-0306.
For more information, visit www.ashevilleflyfishingfilm.com.