ASHEVILLE, NC – Buncombe County Parks & Recreation Services is holding one more session of swim lessons this summer. Swim Lessons are available for anyone age 3 and older. Lessons are divided into 5 levels of swim experience, plus a preschool level for swimmers ages 3 and 4.
- Preschool and Level 1 is a water acclimation class for beginner swimmers.
- Level 2 teaches swimmers to float on their back and use their arms and legs.
- Level 3 swimmers learn the front crawl and backstroke.
- Level 4 and 5 lessons are taught in the deep end of the pool. Students improve upon what they have learned and begin to work on sidestroke and diving.
Registration for lessons begins on July 11 at noon for 2nd Session. Sign up at the pool you plan to attend. Lesson availability is first come, first served.
- July 18 – 28 – Registration begins on July 11 at noon. Classes will be Monday – Thursday at the following times:
- 11 – 11:45 a.m.; Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
- 11 – 11:30 a.m.; Preschool Class for 3 & 4 year olds
- 6 – 6:45 p.m.; Levels 1, 2 and 3
The cost is $30 per person for a session of eight of classes. A $2 discount will be offered for families that have two or more family members enrolled. You must register and pay at the pool at which you will be attending.
For more information, call Teri Gentile at 684-5072 or email her at [email protected].