The UNC Asheville Music Series at the Altamont Theatre continues at 7:30 p.m. Monday, July 23, with faculty, students and alumni performing in an eclectic mix of styles. These monthly concerts are free and open to the public, at 18 Church Street in downtown Asheville.
Five combos will perform Monday night:
- The Will Beasley Trio – acoustic jazz featuring Will Beasley (class of 2012), bass; Brian Felix, assistant professor of Music, piano; Matthew Richmond, lecturer in Music, drums.
- The Millie Palmer Quartet – acoustic jazz with vocals by Millie Palmer (class of 2012), and the trio of Beasley, Felix and Richmond.
- The Shawn Tamborini Group – jazz featuring senior Shawn Tamborini, guitar, with Felix and Richmond.
- The Makeshift – folk rock group featuring sophomore bassist Drew Broughton and musicians from Charleston, S.C.
- The Terrible Tuesdays – improvisational rock featuring Broughton, and seniors Logan White, guitar, and Parker Pace, piano.
The UNC Asheville Music series will continue with another concert at the Altamont on Monday, August 27. For more information, visit myaltamont.com.